Online sales have now become a very profitable business venture. Many new businessmen are now choosing online marketing as their business route. There are many paths open before them. Which one to choose depends on their business objectives, nature of business, business size, and so on. Let’s see that there are several ways to sell online and what are the advantages and disadvantages of them.
Way 1: Facebook Pages
The easiest and most popular means of online marketing in our country are Facebook’s various business pages. Here, one can open a business page and start selling the product without having to pay any kind of money.
- Many people in our country are still talking about the Internet. We spend a few times every day on Facebook. Because of the overwhelming number of Facebook users, the products reach more people through Facebook pages.
- There is no technical knowledge required to run Facebook pages. Facebook status updates and anyone who can upload photos can open business pages and start selling products.
- People like to like or comment on Facebook. Because of this, Facebook has more than double the number of Facebook users to engage or increase interaction on their business pages.
- Facebook has a comment or inbox message for purchasing a buyer’s product. The process of ordering a product for a buyer is very easy, in the same way, the process of order processing for the seller is also easy.
- Boosting a Facebook post by spending money can attract potential customers to unwillingness.
- If the situation is closed in the country, then the whole business is closed. Note that in November last year in Bangladesh, Facebook was closed for almost a month.
- Pages on the page are often reported to be closed pages. If the vendetta or competitor wants to turn off the business page by reporting evil pages, the business will be affected.
- Online shopping is the main ingredient of online payments which can be made through Facebook pages.
- Important links to e-commerce business such as category sorting, inventory management, customer database etc. are not available on Facebook pages.
- To understand the business pace, various insights and analytics such as sales reports, order reports, transaction reports etc. can not be found on the Facebook page.
- The whole process of business through Facebook pages is a manual process. Tracking everything in the whole business is not possible through Facebook pages.
Way 2: Marketplace
Another convenient marketplace for online merchandise is Marketplace. There are many marketplaces in our country where buyers and sellers are good. Vendors can open an account in the marketplace shortly after starting an online entreprise.
- The process of selling and selling the marketplace in the marketplace is quite simple. Only upload images of the product and add details, and the sale can be started.
- Do not worry about marketplace domains and hosting.
- If the marketplace is more likely to be of comparable purchasers, then there is more chance of selling the product.
- Marketplaces are in accordance with the category of product, which facilitates the distribution of different brands of similar products to potential customers.
- The marketplace has the opportunity to highlight its products in exchange for money, which can be helpful in promoting products to the customer.
- If the seller receives the delivery responsibility of the goods sold, the seller does not have to take responsibility for the logistics or responsibility.
- The marketplace has all the options for online payment, so the buyer or seller does not have to worry about the payment.
- Marketplaces have a lot of the same types of products and combinations of different brand products, so sometimes it becomes difficult to present their products to the buyer.
- In the marketplace, the buyer is required to purchase the product by marketplace registration, in which case the direct relationship between the buyer and the seller is not created.
- Marketplaces are always branding marketplaces and the seller’s own brand image is not created in the multitude of different products.
- When the marketplace sells the product, the marketplace returns the price to the seller for a certain percentage of the product.
- The seller does not have any control over the delivery of the goods, in that case, the seller can not apply novelty or strategy to the delivery system of his time.
- To understand the business pace, various insights and analytics such as sales reports, order reports, transaction reports etc. are not available in the marketplace and may be available in very limited sizes even if found.
- The vendor’s online business has many parts in the marketplace hands. The marketplace of independence is never a marketplace.
Way 3: Own E-Commerce Website
The e-commerce website itself is the primary source of online product sales. Customized websites can be attracted customers by making the right marketing and promotion according to their own preferences. Without its own website, the seller’s brand image is never established.
- The business owner’s first identity or address is its own e-commerce website, there is no alternative to own website for establishing a brand of business.
- The seller can establish a relationship with the buyer general through the sale of products on its own website, and create a customer database which is very helpful for the improvement of his business.
- Customize your website according to your own preferences and needs, inventory, payment system, and delivery systems are all in control.
- Increasing reliance and reliability relationship with the buyer general through the sale of their website.
- Various insights and analytics such as sales reports, order reports, transaction reports, etc. are available in any customized format on your website to understand the business’s speed.
- Regardless of the size of your business, you can scale up your website accordingly, inexhaustible.
- Since the entire business has its own control, it is the first and foremost to trade independently of its own e-commerce website.
- Domains and hosting should be used to access your website.
- The arrival of the customer on your website is quite challenging at the beginning.
- There is a good financial budget for digital marketing and promotion of its own e-commerce website.
- Websites have to carry on the relationship with the entire social network for traffic generators on the website.
- You must ensure the security, backup and technological up-gradation of your website.
In fact, all the mediums of sale of an online merchant’s product should be used. But Facebook or any other communication medium should not be used as a means of buying and selling products but should be used mainly for the promotion of products. Marketplaces are more in demand for shoppers and the marketplace helps to sell the seller’s products in front of the customer, so anyone can choose a marketplace as the easiest way of selling the product. But keep in mind that the existence of your online business will be your own e-commerce website. If you have a big business opportunity, if you want to establish your own business brand, your own e-commerce website is your first online address. Creating a website is quite a hassle, but the Halqa E-commerce platform has also made it a technology portal. Storia is such an eCommerce platform.